Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 69

Hello!

I'm sticking around for another transfer! My companion's getting the boot, so I'll get my new companion tomorrow. I already have a pretty good idea who it's going to be!

This week was pretty good. I went on an exchange with my district leader, Elder Barrick. We were in the same room at the MTC long ago! We played some basketball with people, gave a few church tours, and talked to everyone we saw about the gospel. It was fun!

Nothing really out of the box happened this week, so I'll just share with you some of my insights from my studies... Actually that's not true, we stopped a mugging on Saturday! But that's a story for another day :)

You know, a lot of the time I've thought of the redeeming power of the Atonement and the enabling power as two separate ideas. But really, they are complementary. Through redemption, our sins are washed away, but that's not enough. Through the enabling power, we are able to accomplish good works that we otherwise wouldn't be able to accomplish on our own. Elder Bednar gave a really good talk about this. Here's a quote from it:

"As you and I come to understand and employ the enabling power of the Atonement in our personal lives, we will pray and seek for strength to change our circumstances, rather than praying for our circumstances to be changed. We will become agents who 'act' rather than objects that are 'acted upon'."

Love you all!
Elder Robb
 The District

 The Fountain

 Red Square

Husky Statue

No comments:

Post a Comment