Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 68

Helloooo Everyone!!

What a great week! Let me start with the less important, but still noteworthy events...

We got pizza THREE nights this week! This ward knows how to make me happy! We truly did fit the stereotype of missionaries having bottomless stomachs, the members were impressed! Ward trust: earned.

This week our district leader asked each companionship to focus on a certain topic from a list of four that Elder Echo Hawk emphasized in his mission tour. The list included faith, unity, obedience, and expecting miracles. My companion and I were given the latter. As we were expecting miracles, the heavens were opened (literally, we got SOAKED!!) but the real miracle was later Saturday night, when out of the blue, an old investigator called us and told us that he and his girlfriend want to start meeting with us! Woohoo!

This week I read a great scripture from Mosiah chapter 1: "our brethren, the Lamanites, know nothing concerning these things, or even do not believe them when they are taught them, because of the traditions of their fathers, which are not correct." From this verse, I came to the conclusion that parents are important! That's doctrine!! I'm so glad I had great parents who raised me the right way. I wasn't the perfect kid, but my parents were patient with me and helped me to become a better person. They raised me to have faith in God, and that has made all the difference in my life.

Love!
Elder Robb





No comments:

Post a Comment