Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 63

Hey everyone!

Well, transfer calls came last night and I'm already gettin' the boot! It was fun while it lasted. Next transfer I'll be in Seattle North Zone, aka downtown. I'm excited because I like change, but I'm sad because up there you have to pay for laundry! It's the worst!

So a couple of weeks ago we were walking down 1st Ave and a guy got off the bus and called us over to him! He told us he was an inactive member and that we should look up his records and give him a visit sometime! Well his records weren't in our ward list, so that was kind of weird at first. Luckily he gave us his address. Anyways I went over this week with a member on splits and we had a solid lesson! We found out he's not even a member, he just thinks he is because he came to church a lot as a young kid, but he was never baptized. He's at a point in life where he feels ready to make changes, but he told us he'll be happy if he can even get into "level 1 heaven" (his words) after all he's done in his life. That's when we threw DOWN about the atonement!! Yeah, God's seen what we've all done, but he also sees what we can become!

Other than that, just normal missionary activities. I went to roundtable (pizza buffet) and had 24.5 slices! Another day of the week we went and did service at the food bank. They gave us some old sandwiches to take home. I ate one and felt pretty rotten afterwards!

Also worth noting is that the M's came to church this week! Their re-activation has been this transfer's miracle. It was just so cool how we bumped into them and how eager they were to come back. We gave them a picture of the Seattle Temple to hang up in their room, because they are now working towards being sealed in the temple.

This week I started over reading the Book of Mormon again, and this time around I'm marking every time there's really straight-forward doctrine. Here's a great doctrine in 1 Nephi 17: "And he loveth those who will have him to be their God." I might not know a lot of things, but I do know that God loves us. That is doctrine, it tastes sweet!

I love you all!!!!
Elder Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment