Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 32

Helloooo friends and fam!

Not anything out of the ordinary to report this week.  We had a lot of solid commitments for people to come to church but then only "A" showed up.  It was a bummer because we were really happy that we found so many new people to teach this week and they were all planning on church!

We spent a lot of time in the junction talking to people, especially with the super bowl going on this Sunday.  We were not trying to knock doors through that.  Most of the people out on the streets were those who got too drunk and got kicked out of the bars.  Some funny drunk people, some super mean!!

Well, I'm getting transferred out of West Seattle.  It's been a good 5 months with lots of ups and downs.  I'm excited to get a fresh start somewhere.  I'll let you all know where I am next week!

Something that really motivated me this week was when our District Leader came over to help us with some struggles.  We all had a good talk, then we read out of Mosiah chapter 24.  Verse 14 really stood out to me.  "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their affliction."

The classic verse about the Lord helping us through our trials.  It's comforting to know that He is there for us, when we are doing well, and when we are struggling.

Hope you all have a good week!

Elder Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment