Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 57

 Hola Amigos!

It was a solid week! But, and that's a big but... I've got some sad news. At long last, Elder Anderson and I have been voted off the Island. They're replacing us with sister missionaries. The zone leaders gave us a call Saturday night to let us know, so we'd be able to tell the ward at church. This ward really embraced us, we felt the love yesterday. It was such a warm send-off. One member even got up and dedicated his musical number in sacrament meeting to us! It was a song he wrote and it was sick!!

Mercer Island has been the place where I've grown the most, I'll miss this place. Okay, enough of that sappy talk. Here's some notable events from the week:

You know that Pokemon Go app that everyone's playing? One of our members took us to the church (which is a pokestop, whatever that means), and we dropped a lure so tons of pokemon would show up and lure people to us! President tells us to be creative in our finding, and I think we succeeded that day!

P's mom showed up from Peru on Wednesday and surprised P for his birthday! He's now set to get baptized on August 13th. Better yet, we have started teaching his mom and she'll probably be baptized soon after! P helped us with the translation in our lesson with her. He's a good missionary already!

We helped out with two moves this weekend, one of them was at 9AM on Saturday in the south end. Well, we left our bikes at the Bishops house the night before and so we decided to just run down there, it was good weather after all. We accidentally ran way past their house and had to backtrack a mile! It was a 5-6 mile run! My legs are still wicked sore today!

This scripture I read this week reminded me to stay humble; 2 Corinthians 3:5-6: "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God." Like Ammon in the Book of Mormon, I will boast in my God!! He's the one who enables me to do all things.

Life is good! I love you all!
Elder Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment