Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Week 23

HELLO EVERYONE

It was a good, rainy week.  It's amazing to me that it's almost Christmas.  The junction in West Seattle looks super festive, we've got our Christmas lights up in the apartment and we've got the Christmas hymns blasting in the car.  Tis the season!
Elder Woolf and I have been working our butts off this transfer finding people to teach.  We've got a good few people we're working with and we have high hopes for them!  We went through the area book in weekly planning and looked for some more people, and that's where we found J.  We went over later that day and talked with her.  We were hoping she'd come to church with us but that fell through, nonetheless, she said she still wants to be baptized, she just has to get over her fear of water, and her love for coffee.

We've been trying more street contacting.  Fun story though, last night while we were street contacting at the junction, Cage the Elephant was playing a concert at the record store!  Super cool, it's not every day a big name band like that plays in downtown West Seattle.

We got invited into people's homes more than ever before this week.  When it rains on us people are pretty nice.  We went on exchanges with the zone leaders a few days ago.  I went with Elder Jones, who was actually my first zone leader way back in Bothell.  It was pretty fun; he helped me be more bold in talking with everyone.

I had the opportunity to interview 3 people for baptism this week, which was a fun experience.  I always ask them to share their testimony with me at the end of the interview and I love it.  It's great to hear the simplicity of their beliefs.  I always complicate the gospel, so it's great to hear it from others in a pure and basic testimony.  On that note, I love the verse in 2 Corinthians 11:3, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

I love you all,

Elder Robb

The above picture and this one were taken by Jo.  She is so good to (Ben) the missionaries taking them for dinner and sharing pictures with us.  They had a linger longer after church on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment