Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 54

Hey fam!

I don't have a ton of time today! This week was sweet! There was an all-comers track meet over at the high school so we threw on our P-day clothes and went over and ran the sprints!  We met a ton of cool college runners, they beat us but we didn't look too foolish out there! I'm sure I could have won if someone just dangled a Big Mac on a stick in front of me!

This past weekend was the greatly anticipated summer celebration! It's been the talk of the ward mission since I got here and it was a big success. We had two booths, one to promote Just Serve, and one to promote family history. I think family history generated more interest but both were really good. The ward super supportive with running the booths and we met a ton of people. It's good me and Elder Anderson stayed again for this transfer because people recognize our faces since we've been here so long!

Want to get pumped about missionary work? Read this scripture from Helaman!!: "Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments." I've thought a lot about what it takes to align your will with God's, and a lot of the time i think it's been explained to me that I just need to have faith. Well i think it takes a lot more than that, you really can't force yourself to have faith. That's just a "grind it out" attitude and that's no fun. Why would God want us to just grind out the days of our life. To align your will, you have to pray to have that change of heart, so that you can invest in actually wanting to change.

Well, I love you all! Sorry I forgot my camera!

Elder Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment