Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 51

Hey everyone!

Transfer calls have come and gone, and I'm staying on the Island! And so is my comp! It's round 3 baby!! We were so pumped when we found out we were staying.

So I think I mentioned a while back that the ward wanted us to start an English class, and that never really took off. But this past Tuesday we had some members come and bring two of their friends! Actually, the members just dropped their friends off, and they didn't speak a lick of English so we struggled to be honest. But we broke out our ol' high school level Spanish and taught them some stuff! We talked to some of the Spanish members and got some ESL class materials we could use for them, we were prepared for more conversational level, but now we're prepared for the basics.

We had a great lesson with V. M sat in on it with us and was just super bold! We got to the root of her concern, now we can really start making some headway.

I've been thinking a lot about God's love for us. It's so impossible to describe so I won't bother right now, but I've been feeling it a lot. Well actually, I think the best way to describe it is like this, (for me): I'm stepping up to the plate at Fenway Park, and waaaay out in right field, even past Ted Williams' seat, is Heavenly Father. He's wearing my jersey, he's got on his ball glove and he's going crazy! He's cheering my name and hoping that I'll hit that ball right to him and break Ted's record! That's how God feels about all of us, he's wearing our jersey!

I hope all the dad's had a great father’s day. I thank God every day for my Dad and the good example he's been to me. I don't know how my parents did it but the biggest punishment for me wasn't a stern rebuking or a swift kick in the pants, (don't get me wrong, those scared me too!) but it was feeling like I had let them down. My Dad makes me want to be a better person.

I love youuuu all!
Elder Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment