Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 37

Hey everyone,

Not a lot of time today unfortunately.  It's okay because to be honest, it wasn't the greatest of weeks.  Not every week will be the best though!

We did get to do some service on Wednesday at the UDYC.  We cooked a meal for homeless teenagers while they watched Adventure Time in another room!  It was fun; my brownies were a real hit, one of my zone leaders ate six of them!  We got to do some service for a less active member of the church later in the week as well.  I may have mentioned him already, but we met him at the bus stop stop a few weeks ago.  He needed help taking down a bunch of trees in his yard because he's moving soon.  Glad we ran into him because it made him want to come back to church at least for a week so can see all the people he used to know!

We've really just hit the pavement and tried to find people to tach.  We run into lots of cool people, and lots of funny people, but not too many interested people.  Such as life in Seattle.  We did get to play basketball with some guys at the park in our white shirts and ties on Friday!  Always fun to do stuff out of the ordinary.

This week I've been studying the book of John, I think one of my favorite chapters in all of the scriptures is Chapter 14, I love his promise that he will send us His spirit while we are here on the earth.  It truly is a comforter, and it's something worth striving to be worthy for every day.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you.

I love you all!

Elder Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment