Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 47

Heyo!!

Sorry I didn't write yesterday! I'm sure you have all been waiting anxiously for my update :) We had our P-day moved to today because we went to the temple this morning, what an awesome experience! Afterwards we went to Triple-X burger where I ate the biggest burger of my life.
Anyways, serving on Mercer Island brought a great opportunity for us this past Monday, we had FHE at President's house with all of the young couples in the ward! It was pretty awesome, we talked about member-missionary work (surprise) and had a ton of chocolate cake. We'll probably make this a regular thing and do it every transfer.

Elder Anderson got a new calling as a district leader, I can't remember if I mentioned that last week or not. But we went to the mission office Thursday for a district leader conference where we all got trained. It was good, the highlight was all the Costco pizza afterwards! We impressed everyone by eating 8 slices, each! That's unity right there! We are the dream eat team.

M got her baptismal interview this week and we're good to go! Just a couple minor details with the program and such for this Saturday and we'll be set! Her son-in-law is in the mission presidency in California and he's going to do the baptism. She has a friend who's a professional gospel singer whose going to sing for us, and the primary is coming to sing "I am a child of God". It's going to be a sweet program!!

We had a great district meeting yesterday, the topic was "forget yourself and go to work". One of those training's I've had a hundred times and get's pretty repetitive. It's like the feeling i had when i was about to graduate primary and all the lessons were just the same old boring stuff, but Elder Anderson is a really good trainer and this one was actually pretty insightful. He used a scripture in James chapter 1:

"22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was."

You don't look in a mirror and then forget yourself and walk away from all that. That's not at all what God asks any of us to do. He asks us to let him mold who we already are into something even better. God didn't send me to Seattle to lose myself and become a robot, he sent me here to refine me and to use me, the person I already am, to help others. And that's how it is for all of us, God will use us as an instrument in his hands if we just let him. Anyways, I could rant on this forever, but I love you all. Have a good week!

Elder Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment